Spider Send's Terms & Conditions
NOTICE TO USER: PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY USING AND/OR PAYING FOR THE SERVICE(S) SET OUT HEREIN YOU ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE THAT IT IS ENFORCEABLE AS IF IT WERE A WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY SPIDER SEND LIMITED ("SPIDER SEND") AND YOU. IF YOU USE THE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF YOUR EMPLOYER, YOU WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS ON BEHALF OF YOUR EMPLOYER. THE SAME RIGHTS, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO YOUR EMPLOYER. YOU AGREE THAT IT IS ENFORCEABLE AS IF IT WERE A WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOUR EMPLOYER. IF YOU AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYER DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS ON BEHALF OF YOUR EMPLOYER, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICE(S) OR MAKE ANY PAYMENT.
Description of our services:
- Users of Spider Send can upload any file they want to share to our website after which, they will receive a download link for it.
- The download link received from (1) can be shared or sent to anyone anywhere in the world. Using this download link, others can download the file in (1).
- Depending on the membership package selected, the files downloaded on our server will only have a limited life span after which they will be removed and can not be recovered.
- Files uploaded on to Spider Send can only be downloaded by users who have the download link. There's also no search functionality on Spider Send so your files will stay confidential
- Spider Send however, does not accept any responsibility for who downloads which file. There is also a password protect option where you can set a password to be required on downloads
- Spider Send is not responsible for any illegal or copyrighted material that has been uploaded. However, if we are notified by any one that a file should not be downloaded, it will be removed immediately
The following rules apply to all paid or free uploads:
- Users of our site can upload any file they would like to share
- The shared files can be in any format
- However, users are responsible for making sure the files they upload are legal and permitted to be shared
- Any file that is reported as illegal by a site user will be examined and removed immediately
- If a file is found to be illegal, the account that is responsible for that upload will be suspended, cancelled or penalized (There will not be any refund issued in these cases)
Some examples of illegal files are:
- child pornography
- copyrighted material
- racisim or hate-crimes
- unsolicited email, junk mail, spam, chain letters
- sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services
- Uploaded files will have a certain life on our servers depending on the membership package used to upload them. Once a file is removed, we will not be able to recover it in any case
- In most cases, a user will have the option to extend the expiry date of a file and this must be done at least one (1) hour before the file is expired
- Spider Send recommends that all users keep a copy of the file they uploaded on their own computer. In the event of a hardware or software failure where a file is lost, Spider Send will issue a credit or another form of compensation, but cannot be held responsible for the lost file
- Spider Send reserves the right at all times to disclose, in its sole discretion, any User Files as necessary to 1) satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or 2) reduce or prevent what Hightail considers to be, in its sole discretion, a serious or imminent threat to your health or safety, or the health or safety of another.
- In appropriate circumstances, Spider Send may in its discretion terminate the Accounts and/or delete Files of users who are, or are believed to be or are charged with, infringing or violating the intellectual property rights of third parties, any applicable law or regulation, or otherwise in violation of the "things you may not do" listed above.
- In consideration for the provision of the Services, you shall pay Spider Send the non-refundable Subscription Fee.
- Spider Send shall issue invoices in respect of the Subscription Fee and shall collect the Subscription Fee from your credit card monthly in advance. Both parties agree that no refunds shall be given in any circumstances.
- The Subscription Fee is exclusive of VAT or other sales tax which, if applicable to you, shall be payable by you at the then prevailing rate.
- In the event that the Subscription Fee, as appropriate, is not collected in accordance with the provisions herein, Spider Send may deny you access to the Services without notice.
Paid Membership Rules:
The following rules apply to all paid membership packages:
- Any subscription/membership may be cancelled at any time as requested by the user from "My Account" page
- Membership packages will be renewed automatically unless the membership has been cancelled by the user before the expiry date
- Spider Send will NOT sell or share information used in the registration for this site with any third party company
- All paid membership packages will allow the user to view statistics on their upload and downloads and these stats will never be lost even if you choose to become a free member
- Any user can and will have an account balance in which they can deposit money and use it for any pay-per-use option or functionality. This balance is non-refundable at any time.